All requests must be completed by organisations and agencies that are engaging with families and young children in need of the essential items of daily life.
Only complete this form if you are a key worker or professional working and / or supporting these families. Please note only organisations that have robust safeguarding policies to protect vulnerable children and people will be able to make a referral. If you do not meet these requirements simply redirect your request to one of the partner organisations and / or your key worker listed in the Form.
Unfortunately, we cannot take direct requests from parents, extended families, neighbours etc. If you have a direct request please refer this to a partner organisations or your link worker listed in the referral form and they will be in contact with the family.
The referral form and process has been designed so you can quickly process a referral request for equipment and items during any form of intervention / engagement - F2F, WFH, using a smart phone, tablet, laptop etc. Click through the form and select the relevant information; if it is not listed use the ‘other box’ to enter information specific to you or the requisition.
There are four parts to the form:
1. Partner / referral information and contact details: select your organisation type from the list and enter your specific organisation name, department etc. Please provide your name and contact details and your role.
2. Family and children details: The Sunshine Baby Bank will have no direct contact with families or children and holds no data. We depend on the multi-agencies that are safeguarding and working with vulnerable groups to make referrals. We have a very limited need for information simply to identify a referral with an agency e.g. parents initials, the ward / parish they live-in, the baby / infant’s age, due date or birthday if available. Their need and / or reasons for the referral.
3. Equipment and items needed: Over the summer 2020 the priority will be the ‘Summer Bundles’. These and other items will be purchased new - simply select the boxes. More expensive equipment such as prams, car seats may be subject to the availability of funds or when our re-cycling starts in the autumn. These can be selected and we will do our best to supply them as new or later as recycled items, in excellent condition. Items can be selected across:
- 5 x Summer bundles that offer the best value selection
- Things on wheels and on the move - prams, pushchairs etc
- Sleeping and things for my bedroom - all items will be supplied with new mattresses, bedding etc
- Equipment and furniture
- Things for playtime, activity and learning
- Feeding and equipment
- Clothing and shoes
- For parents
4. Collection / fulfilment details: We will operate a collection service over the summer months to conform with COVID-19 arrangements. Collection will be on a Tuesday morning 10.00 to Noon and Thursday afternoon 14.00 to 16.00 at the address below:
258 Westborough Road (former GP Surgery)
Please come to the car park at the rear of the building with your referral request / acknowledgement, ring the bell and state your collection details. Your delivery parcel will be handed over outside conforming to the public health and safety regulations operating from time to time.
Some orders can include large items so please ensure your vehicle is big enough.
Delivery arrangements to organisation and agencies may be possible depending on demand and available premises.
Can you indicate if the items are needed immediately / urgently e.g. a delivery to an expectant mother in her third semester is less urgent and will need delivery close to the birth date. Our usual collection days are Tuesday AM and Thursday PM but for urgent collection / delivery we will endeavour to agree separate arrangements with you.
Select the collection date from the monthly calendar.
The Sunshine Baby Bank will be supplying new items over the summer months and will have limited funds. It is important that you do not over-order. We are mindful that there could be an increase in demand in the autumn as weather changes, there are local lockdowns and / or a second wave of the pandemic. We expect to see an increase in redundancies, unemployment or less work available – these will all put extra demands on supplying the service. So please be careful not to over select as funds are limited and we need to ensure services are available as widely as possible. At the same time do not hesitate if there is an acute or very urgent need because of exceptional circumstances.
If there are more members of the family / household between 0-5 years old please complete a new application form for each family member.